RANews is a monthly webzine that aims to summarize what is happening/had happened in the RetroAchievements scene over the last month.
What to expect from this issue.
List of achievement sets released in the last month.
In August we got the impressive number of 83 brand new sets being released! When I joined this site I’d never imagine we would reach this rate!
Play This Set
Community members talking about their favorite sets and why you should play them. Cool stuff!
Most Wanted Games
List of games with no achievement sets that community is excited to see. Hopefully it can encourage some achievement creators to pick a game and create a set for it.
Some statistics about the top 300 players of RetroAchievements and how they progressed over the last month.
List of running events that are open to join.
Revisions and Rescores
Which sets got a revision or a rescore over the last month.
Which sets got their game icons and/or badges changed over the last month.
Achievement creators sharing their tricks.
This month wilhitewarrior shares a tutorial about pointers and how to use the Add Address feature.
Mixing games with videogames and RetroAchievements. Really funny stuff being created by StingX2.
In this issue we have another bingo and also an honorable mention of the last month’s bingo winner.
Showing off what the RetroAchievements fans are producing outside from here.
Articles covering more technical aspects of the RetroAchievements project. Trying to bridge the gap between endusers and the crazy nerds who do the hardwork, creating the tools we use to have a lot of fun.
I’m starting this segment of RANews talking a about how the libretro project is so important for us, at RetroAchievements, and a bit about the cyber attack they suffered on the last month.
How to Contribute
If you have an idea for an article to be posted in the next RANews, please go to the RAdmin profile page and send us a message.
Keep in mind that the article must be written in markdown format. If you don’t know it, you can learn it in 10 minutes following this online tutorial here: https://commonmark.org/help/tutorial/ (it’s pretty similar to what you may be already using on discord).
The RANews project wouldn’t be possible without the contributions of many passionate community members.
Special thanks goes to these guys:
- StingX2, whose dedication and enthusiasm allowed me to focus on the layout and technical aspects of the project while he was gathering content.
- televandalist for creating the cover for this issue.
- Hotscrock and Searo for collecting many useful/interesting data to be published here.
- lilbud for creating the RANews logo.
- luchaos for taking care of the network wizardry side of things.
- All those who wrote for the “Play This Set” article:
- wilhitewarrior for the DevTip.
- Also all the achievement creators who dedicate their free time to produce content for the whole community to enjoy.