How to Contribute
If you have an idea for an article to be published in the RANews, please go to the RAdmin profile page and send us a message.
Keep in mind that the article must be written in markdown format. If you don’t know it, you can learn it in 10 minutes following this online tutorial here: https://commonmark.org/help/tutorial/ (it’s pretty similar to what you may be already using on discord).
What to expect from this issue.
Listing many ways you can contribute to the RetroAchievements project even if you’re not an achivement creator.
Many new things happening on the achievement creation scene. They deserve their own segment now. This month StingX2 explains how the DevQuests work.
I’m bringin some insights about how I research a game to get ideas about a nice achievement set. The content is targeted at users of any level, even if you’re not a dev you’ll find something useful in that article.
Play This Set
Community members talking about their favorite sets and why you should play them. Cool stuff!
We’re starting a new segment in this issue: Retro Throwback. It’s where players can show their passion for the games they actually played in the old days. We can think about it as “a longer play-this-set article” but with a bigger load of nostalgia.
This month ikki5 shows us his passion about “Robin Hood: The Prince of Thieves
Nepiki presents us a guide about Bomberman Quest (GBC).
List of running events in the RetroAchievements scene that are still open to join.
List of achievement sets released in the last month.
Revisions and Rescores
Which sets got a revision or a rescore.
Most Wanted Games
List of games with no achievement sets that community is excited to see. Hopefully it can encourage some achievement creators to pick a game and create a set for it.
Who are the champions of each console? StingX2 brings another view of the great players we have in this community.
Some statistics about the top 300 players of RetroAchievements and how they progressed over the last month.
Which sets got their game icons and/or badges changed.
In this issue SporyTike want us to find what Baby Bowser messed in Yoshi’s Island in another “Spot The Difference” challenge.
The RANews project wouldn’t be possible without the contributions of many passionate community members.
Special thanks goes to these guys:
- First and foremost: all the achievement creators who dedicate their free time to produce content for the whole community to enjoy.
- StingX2, whose dedication and enthusiasm allowed me to focus on the layout and technical aspects of the project while he was gathering content.
- WateredWillow for creating the cover for this issue.
- Hotscrock for collecting many useful/interesting data to be published here.
- Xymjak for the top players info.
- lilbud for creating the RANews logo.
- Nepiki for guide.
- SporyTike for the “Spot the Difference” challenge.
- ikki5 for the “Retro Throwback” article.
- HolyShinx for the “Current Events”.
- All those who wrote for the “Play This Set” segment: