What’s going on in the achievement creation scene.
The DevQuest #6
In the last RANews issue we talked about the DevQuests, and there was 5 at that time. In June we started a new one.
QUEST #006: The Unwanted
- Goal: Develop a set for an unpopular system assigned to you at random (No Hacks or Homebrews)
- Best Contact Point: SlashTangent or StingX2
- You must have an open claim as you will need to claim your set
- Must be a full set, not just progression. Badges will be denied to those who make incomplete sets.
- You are stuck with your system once you roll it, unless it is eligible for a reroll.
- The only exception to “No Hacks or Homebrew” is if the system only has those kind of titles left
How it Works: You’ll request in #devquest and tag
@SlashTangent to spin the wheel. He’ll then reveal with a cool gif what you are gonna dev. After that you are locked in unless it’s one of the systems we have marked with a *, in which case you can re-roll.
- Eligible Systems:
- PC Engine / PC Engine CD
- Sega CD
- 32X *
- Atari Lynx
- Neo Geo Pocket/Neo Geo Pocket Color
- Game Gear
- Atari Jaguar *
- Virtual Boy
- Apple II
- Saturn *
- Intellivision *
- Atari 7800
- Wonderswan/Wonderswan Color
* = eligible for reroll since they’re not exactly user-friendly to work with.
Note: 32X/Jaguar - both are hell to work with and not many people have the patience for either. Saturn is a resource hog and some potatoes can’t even play it, much less dev it.
Icons are user uploaded images that are used throughout the site to represent a game. Due to their prominence on game and user pages they are worth special attention. These icons should be representative of the game and its common themes, and therefore should be instantly recognizable.
Prototypes, when are they OK to dev?
(This is just an extension of the demo rule)
TLDR: Is the Prototype/Beta rom just an incomplete version of the main game? Yes = No set allowed. No = Set allowed.