- Devember 2022
- Retro Olympics 2022
- RA Minecraft
- Site Updates
- Emulator Updates
- RATools Updates
- Discord Updates
- Developer Compliance
It’s that time of year where we unite to destroy tickets
Devember🍂 2022, the annualy ticket clearing event, will run until December 23rd at 23:59 GMT.
Once again, both Developers and Non-Developers can participate. Players can provide saves/states to help knock out the tickets!
All necessary info can be found in the
#🍂devember-submissions Discord channles.
- 16 participants have qualified for the hardcore badge!
- 9 participants have qualified for the softcore badge!
- 18 participants are still working toward a badge! (a lot of them are close thanks to the community bonuses)
- 111 Dev Wheel of Doom™️ challenges have been completed!
- 62 saves/states have been submitted to help clear out tickets!
Community Bonuses Applied
- 500 Total Tickets Resolved (20 points) (Goal reached on Nov. 22nd)
- All Tickets from 2020 Resolved (15 points) (Goal reached on Nov. 26th)
- 1000 Total Tickets Resolved (50 points) (Goal reached on Dec. 1st)
Community Bonuses To Go
- All Mega Drive Tickets (we’re at 83/122, 10 points)
- All Tickets from 2021 Resolved (we’re at 189/293, 20 points)
- All Early Set Tickets (we’re at 72/86, 10 points)
Please remember that the above points only apply to those who are actively participating
Hardcore Badge Requirements
Earn at least 150 points during the event and complete at least three Dev Wheel of Doom™️ challenges
Softcore Badge Requirements
Earn at least 100 points during the event and complete at least one Dev Wheel of Doom™️ challenge
Retro Olympics 2022
Join in on the Retro Olympics fun, The live-streamed competition where tons of RA’s strongest players are facing off against eachother today to defend the glory of their country & continent!
New Retro Olympics Webiste in the making here.
All information you need will always be available in the Retro Olympics 2022 Schedule, available here.
RetroAchievement now has an official Minecraft server where you build anything you want in the most popular sandbox game ever created.
The server can be accessed at:
- Junior developers are now allowed to update game information, rich presence, and achievement order for games where they have an active new set claim by MrOwnership in #1211
- Add explain blocks for leaderboards by Jamiras in #1216
- Add Type filter to search page by Jamiras in 1195
- Eliminate ticket karma by Jamiras in #1203
- Only show recent players from the last six months on game pages by Jamiras in 1197
- Separate PC Engine CD from PC Engine by televandalist in 1129
- Restore Set Exists marker on All User Set Requests page by Jamiras in 1193
- Fix display issue when embedding game and achievement with same ID in same page by Jamiras in 1198
- Fix notes not showing up for PS2 achievement definitions by Jamiras in #1210
- Fix completion badge not being awarded if last unlock was hardcore by Jamiras in 1196
- Fix rank calculation for lower is better leaderboard when rank is shared by Jamiras in #1202
- Fix player activity not showing up when invalid by Jamiras in #1204
- Fix hardcore border not showing on game compare page by Jamiras in #1218
- Fix RSS feeds date, strip HTML tags, add guid by Krylan in #1223
- Prevent creating account with invalid username by Jamiras in #1206
- Prevent exception trying to create a ticket when not logged in by Jamiras in 1190
- Prevent exception trying to return data for non-existent game by Jamiras in 1191
- Prevent exception calling RecentlyPlayedGames without a user by Jamiras in #1205
- Don’t try to send email to deleted user when closing ticket by Jamiras in #1213
- Support for indirect code notes (code notes derived from a note on a pointer)
- If the first line of a code note contains the keyword “pointer”, then any following line that starts with a plus (no indent) immediately followed by a number (hexadecimal [0x prefix] or decimal, no whitespace) is treated as an indirect code note. After the number, any number of whitespace characters and/or a single non-alphanumeric character separate the indirect note from the offset. Following lines that don’t start with a plus are also considered part of the indirect note. Some examples are shown here.
- Support for local code notes
- Allows making temporary notes while trying to narrow down addresses
- Fixes loss of note-in-progress if selected address is changed
- Note modifications are kept locally until published to the server
- Unpublished notes will appear in red in the code notes window
- Notes are deleted by reverting (if not published) or by setting to blank and publishing
- Support for offline development (if the game was previously loaded in online mode)
- Offline mode is only activated if the server cannot be contacted during login.
- It’s not meant to be something a developer can just activate whenever they want.
- Changes will be saved to local file (XXX-User.txt)
- Publishing is disabled
- Achievements unlocked in offline mode will not be sync’ed to the server, and will not be eligible for manual unlocks.
- Add Open All and Code Notes items to RetroAchievements menu
- Add MBF32 LE memory size
- Add BitCount search type
- Add XOR (^) AddSource/SubSource modifier
- Add ASCII as selectable size in bookmarks window
- Add warning when serialized size exceeds limit
- Add Export button to search results
- Automatically change asset filter to local if local assets exist and no published assets exist
- Changed points field on achievement editor to dropdown
- Allow Invert to be selected for non-value logic
- Allow rich presence monitor to be resized
- Fix app title being updated on login/logout when not using
- Fix search results being cleared when switching between disks of a multi-disk game
- Fix crash enabling highlights without a loaded asset
- Fix comparison against initial values for aligned searches
- Fix redundancy warning between trigger and non-trigger conditions
- Fix decoding of denormalized floats (values where exponent is 2^-127)
- support for identifying CHD-formatted CDs
- ability to launch game using command line arguments
- cascade Select Core menu if it contains more than 20 systems
- attempt to report error from core when savestate loading fails
- separate PCEngine from PCEngine CD
- enable FreeChaF core for Fairchild Channel F
- enable SameDuck core for MegaDuck
- new internal representation of logic
- small performance boost due to not having to reevaluate on each usage
- allows for more optimization opportunities
NOTE: this causes errors to be generated for several previously allowed syntaxes:
always_false()are no longer supported in logic chains. Logic such as:
0=1 && never(byte(0x1234) == 3)will now collapse to
0=1can never be true. Script authors must replace the
always_false()to preserve the logic in the output.
- Memory addresses can no longer be compared to
false. Compare to
always_false()are no longer supported for leaderboard values. use
- Integer division is no longer implicitly converted to floats for leaderboard values:
byte(0x1234) * 3 / 2will no longer be automatica0lly converted to
byte(0x1234) * 1.5. use
byte(0x1234) * 3.0 / 2for automatic conversion.
tallywith a count of 0 is no longer supported outside of a
measuredclause of a value expression. Doing so implies an unbounded hit requirement which cannot be reached and is equivalent to
always_false(). Using these to generate an AndNext/OrNext chain was not intended. If you absolutely want to prevent the OrNext from being converted to alt groups use the
__ornext(condition)function. If you have a valid reason for forcing an AndNext chain let me know.
measured(A && B)will now generate an error instead of just setting the Measured flag on B. The actual logic it previously generated was
A && measured(B)or
measured(repeated(0, A && B))depending on whether it was being used in a trigger expression or a value expression.
once(A && once(B))will now keep a separate hit count for B and for the entire clause by reordering the conditions or injecting an
always_false()condition to hold the total count.
once(unless(A))will now generate an error. use
unlesscannot be used inside
repeated(10, trigger_when(A))will now generate an error. use
repeated(10, measured(A))will now generate an error. use
- support for local code notes
- add Progression analysis dialog (open from Game Stats dialog)
- add ability to autogenerate function names in New Script dialog
measured(bitcount(X) == 8)being converted to
measured(byte(X) == 255)
measured(X + 100 > 200)being converted to
measured(X > 100)
float(X) < 0being converted to
tallyclause being replaced with AndNext
- fix Copy to Clipboard not working on Rich Presence and Leaderboard title/description
- fix duplicating of file extension for local badge images
- fix dumping Rich Presence with measured value in display string
- fix viewing Rich Presence diff where lookup was removed
art-requestschannel has been updated to be forum based to make it easier for the art team to organize, track and discuss art requests.
rapatchesforum channel has been created allowing users to request patches to add to the RAPatches GitHub, help creating or converting patches, general reports, etc.
site-feedbackchannel created for quick feedback. The official RAWeb GitHub should still be used for more in depth discussions regarding site issues and enhancements.
minecraftchannel created to discussion everything regarding the RA Minecraft server.
duckstationcreated to help test DuckStation standalone compatibility.
Junior Developers permissions expanded if they have an active primary new set claim, allowing them to do the following:
- Update game page information (Developer, Publisher, Genre, & First Released)
- Update game page images (Icon, Title, In-Game, Boxart)
- Update Rich Presence script
- Update achievement ordering
Code of Conduct Updates
- Set Plagiarism rules introduced
- Reservation Renewals
- Added details about the progress reports requirements.
- Adjusted of the cooldown after denied progress reports (from 3 months to 1 month) to align with the “drop and resume before 1 month” rule.
- Added the requirement to post progress reports after every renewal if an 1-month cooldown happened.
- ~Hack~ Legend of Zelda, The: Dungeon Rush (Nintendo 64)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City [Subset - Bonus - Chaos Edition] (PlayStation 2)
- ~Hack~ Mega Man X: Hard Type
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4 (PlayStation 2) [Subset - Zero Stats]
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King [Subset - Master Monster Masher]
- Tekken: Dark Resurrection [Subset - Dark Lord] (PlayStation Portable)
- Monster Hunter [Subset - Crafting] (PlayStation 2)
- Darkc0m for GG Aleste (Game Gear)
- Ghal416 for Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)
- TheJediSonic for LEGO Racers (Nintendo 64)
- Darkc0m for Toujin Makyou Den: Heracles no Eikou (NES) & Metal Max 3 (Nintendo DS)
- Jamiras for Magic Knight Rayearth (SNES) & Bushi Seiryuuden - Futari no Yuusha (SNES)
- Excessiveiser for Madagascar (PlayStation 2)
- JAM for Paqman (Arduboy)
- FRAN269 for Britney’s Dance Beat (PlayStation 2)
- gollawiz for Okami (PlayStation 2)
- Griffin for Ratatouille (PlayStation 2)
- Falcus for Cutie Suzuki no Ringside Angel (Mega Drive)
- Tayadaoc for Ecco: The Tides Of Time (Mega Drive)
- ladynadiad for Final Fantasy IV Advance (Game Boy Advance), Valis (Mega Drive) & Battle of Olympus, The (NES)
- LogicalFallacy for Golf (Virtual Boy) & Final Lap Special: GT & Formula Machine (Wonderswan)
- voiceofautumn for Street Hoop | Street Slam | Dunk Dream (Arcade) & Pro Darts (Game Boy Color)
- Snow for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 (PlayStation 2) & NHL 2K10 (PlayStation 2)